Do you know how to hide toenail fungus in the summer season? Toenail fungus is one of the most common problems most Americans face at least once in their lifetime. Toenail fungus (aka onychomycosis) is a treatable condition. So if you suffer from this then rest assured it would go away after a prescription drug and/or some topical solutions.
But let’s say you don’t have the resources to go see a professional. And you need a quick fix.
How should you do that? Well. That’s why I’m here to tell you all the ways you can Hide Toenail Fungus in The Summer. Because looking beautiful should not be bound only to face and body.
So without any further ado. Let’s start!
Table of Contents
How to Hide Toenail Fungus in The Summer?
Summer is an unforgiving season. Concealing anything on your body will result in sweat and discomfort. While I hope you have already addressed your problem to a professional. Here are some tricks to cover your toenail fungus while it takes time to heal.
Antibacterial and Anti-perspirant foot powder can suck up all the excess sweat and oil production and leave your toes with a silky smooth feel. Use a foot powder every single day and watch how fast the appearance of the discoloration goes away.
This one is a no-brainer. You can use nail polish to conceal your toenail fungus. Opt for a dark and opaque color to draw attention to the paint job of your toes instead of discoloration around them. Be sure to buy one, that’s been formulated to be used on fungal nails.
We all have seen pedicure videos on YouTube and Tic Tok. They always come up with satisfying solutions to all toenail problems. This is why you should set an appointment with a pedicurist to buff and file away infected nails and create a clean canvas.
Another common way to hide your toenail fungus in the summer is to wear closed-toed shoes. Now be sure to not wear it for an extended period as it will only exareasbrated the issue. You can wear peep toes, pumps, or even ballet flats to cover up your toenail problems.
This one is not for longevity. But it is an effective way to conceal fungus nails. Use concealer/foundation-type liquid makeup to mask the discoloration of the toes. You could also use a setting spray or a power to really seal in the makeup from sweat or moisture contacts.
How Does Toenail Fungus Look Like?
- Discoloration of nails: Black and Yellow
- Brittle nails that chip off easily
- Bad odor
- Foot discomfort
- Feel a sharp pain while walking with shoes.
- Nail hardening
Why Do We Get Toe Nail Fungus?
There could be many reasons why people get to nail fungus. A more scientific explanation tells us that toenail fungus is caused by a fungus that likes to grow and thrive in warm moist places. It could also happen if your feet constantly come in contact with a dirty environment such as mud, public shower, and overworn sneakers.
Some other factors for toenail fungus include:
- Bad Foot Hygiene: Foot care is as important as body care. Foot collects a plethora of dirt and grim. So it shouldn’t be a complete shocker to expect infections on feet that are not washed and taken care of properly.
- Old Age: As you age your immune system gets compromised so fungus and infection can happen and spread rapidly. Also, the fact that it gets hard to take care of yourself lets one wash your feet with diligence.
- Hereditary: Due to genetic factors some are more prone to get fungal infections than others. There is nothing much to do about it. But earlier detection can result in earlier prevention.
- Medical Condition: People with diabetes and other immunocompromised diseases will most likely suffer from chronic foot fungus. It is important to keep a keen eye on your feet as it’s very hard to treat once they begin to take hold.
- Foot Accident: This can occur if you wear tight shoes or hit your toes on something hard. Consult a professional immediately to avoid getting foot fungus from negligence.
Stop Toenail Fungus From Coming Back
While in this article we are specifically talking about the concealing of toenail fungus. It is important to know that there are simple ways to prevent toenail fungus from coming back. You could try over-the-counter medicine, topical treatment, and prescription medication that has any fungal properties that will clear fungus.
Check with a podiatrist every month to make sure that your fungus is not coming back. That is of course if it is a hereditary issue. If for some reason oral or topical medication is not accessible then try home remedies. Tea trees, lavender, lemon, and baking soda can help with cleaning infections.
Yes, home remedies are cheap but it is also necessary to understand that it would not be as effective as medication prescribed by foot care professionals. A regular visit to your pedicures will also solve most of the foot hygiene issues.
My Top Picks to Hide Toenail Fungus
Toenail fungus for most people is embarrassing and can cause social anxiety. However, it should not discourage you from leaving your life. Especially in the summer. You should absolutely follow all the tips and tricks on how to maintain foot hygiene. Consulting with a podiatrist will result in an earlier recovery time. So you can show off your toes nicely.
I hope you enjoy today’s article on How to Hide Toenail Fungus in The Summer. Is there anything else you would like me to talk about? let me know in the comments below.