Does it happen with you too that you skip going to the parlor because of your busy schedule? Or maybe you visit the parlor but skip the foot spa? Ah! I feel you. It’s like a universal thing for some people to be ignorant with their feet.
But then when you finally convince yourself to get a foot spa at home, you realize you don’t know how to do it.
Don’t worry anymore. I’m here to help you to let you know what to put in foot spa water.
Table of Contents
What to Put in Foot Spa Water?
The two major ingredients you have to put in foot spa water are apple cider vinegar and Epsom salt. Additionally, you can put essential oils like tea tree oil, peppermint oil, etc. Moreover, there is baking soda, citrus fruits and herbs like holy basil, rosemary, etc.
These ingredients have the amazing potential to make your feet feel loved and healthy.
Benefits of Each Ingredient
Let’s look at how beneficial are each of the ingredients you’re gonna use in your foot spa water.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is a common homely ingredient. It’s an anti-bacterial ingredient that kills bacteria and fungi. It reduces itchiness and gives you clean and odorless feet.
- Epsom Salt: Epsom salt is compound of magnesium and sulfate. It is a naturally occurring mineral salt that has a rock-like formation. Epsom salt is helpful in decreasing athlete’s foot symptoms. It eases inflammation and exfoliates your feet.
- Essential Oils: There are many essential oils you can use in your foot spa water. Each has different benefits. For instance, tea tree oil improves blood flow and softens calluses. And peppermint oil can soothe your cracked heels.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is also a very common ingredient. It works amazingly to exfoliate the foot skin. It relieves itchiness and works as a cleanser effectively. It softens the skin as well.
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits are wonderful with your feet. They nourish your feet and make them shiny! It is also exfoliating and hydrating for the feet. You can use any of the citrus fruits like lemons, limes, and oranges and have moist feet.
- Herbs: When you put herbs in your foot spa water it makes the spa relaxing and your feet moisturized. The herbs like holy basil and rosemary can work against infection and improve blood circulation.
Remedy of an Ideal Foot Spa
There are different remedies for different feet needs. But I’ll be sharing an easy and ideal foot spa remedy that can help you get moist feet. For your ease, I’m providing a brief step-by-step remedy.
- Firstly, create an environment that will help you relax. You can put on your favorite soft music and light regular candles or scented ones.
- Then you need clean warm water. Pour it into the spa. Make sure not to take extremely hot water.
- Add a handful of salt. Well, it is recommended to add Epsom salt, but you can use sea salt as an alternative.
- Then add the essential oil, whichever you like. Add around 10 drops and mix it.
- Use a few drops of citrus fruit juice. You can use any of the fruit juice you like. Mix all well.
- Lastly for pretty visual, you can add flower petals and thin-cut citrus fruits to the water. But it is totally optional.
What to Avoid Adding in a Foot Spa Water?
Even though all of the mentioned ingredients are very effective in providing a great foot spa. But sometimes some of these can be harmful to your feet. So let’s check out what to avoid among them and why. I will also add some additional “stay away”s here.
- It is highly recommended to avoid using any citrus fruits or fruit juices in the foot spa water if you have a wound on your feet. It can cause a burning pain as citrus fruits are acidic. Also, avoid it if you have extreme sore cracks too.
- You might think that high-temperature water may work quicker to soften your feet but it may burn your feet instead and redden them. So as mentioned earlier, do not add extremely hot water.
- It is suggested to add chemicals as less as you can. Well, you can see that all the organic and natural products listed above are enough for a good foot spa, then why choose chemicals?
- If you use a foot spa machine that has little bubble holes, avoid using salts. It may clog the holes.
- If you are allergic to any essential oils or herbs, simply avoid them.
Why Would You Do a Foot Spa?
Your feet need to be loved. It deserves to be treated well. In your busy life, your feet go through a lot too.
Different shoes, different areas, and dirt all together make your feet dull and cause many health troubles. And when you get a foot spa your feet come back to life.
Your feet get relaxed, and so do you! Feet get hydrated, moisturized and become glowy after each foot spa. Foot spa also helps you to improve blood circulation and relax your feet. It reduces the tendency of getting infections and heel cracks.
So now let me ask you something. Why not a foot spa?
Some Recommended Foot Spa
So now let’s check out the 5 recommended and best foot spa machines that you will need to know if you wanna purchase one!
- Conair Pedicure Spa: This one is particularly made for your health and wellness. It helps you to relax and relieves your stress. Only with a toe touch you can turn on soothing vibrations and feel amazing!
- HoMedics Bubble Meta Spa: This spa machine can soothe all your stress with its massaging ability. Its features are amazing as no water will spill and you can turn it on and turn it off using only your toe.
- Niksa Spa: It is a multi-functioned machine that will relax you, heat your water, massage your feet and produce oxygen bubbles. It ensures a healthy environment and provides a professionals-like spa.
- Bonrcea: Bonrcea also massages, heats water, produces oxygen bubbles and makes you stress-free. To take care of your feet it has 16 removal massage rollers. And the best thing? It has a wireless remote that absorbs the panel!
- Revlon: Revlon has a waterproof on/off system, an anti-slippage feature and its Accunode basin system will wash all your stress away. You can get it at an affordable price as well!
I hope I could help you with all the information you needed. So, now spare some time and spend it on your feet.
As you know everything about a foot spa now, I bet it’s easier for you to choose what to put on foot spa water and what not to.
I wish you healthy and happy feet! Enjoy!