If you are curious to know what is foot mask and how does it work and it’s benefits, let’s move forward to read more.
But first you can read the introduction:
Nowadays, people are more conscious about how their feet look than people from almost 50 years ago. Clean feet symbolize good hygiene practices and how great one takes care of themselves.
So what is Foot Mask, you ask?
There are many ways you can take care of your feet. And Foot Mask is one of them. So let’s discover more!
Table of Contents
What is Foot Mask?
A unique blend of ingredients applied to the feet for a specific time to achieve nourishment and hydration on both feet is considered a Foot Mask.
They have worked for generations and are very cost-effective. You can get even more creative to make your own Frankenstein foot mask.
Types of Foot Masks
Typically, there are four types of foot masks. Some require salon professionals or dermatologists, and some will be at home for a 10-20 min pampering session.
Depending on the severity of your foot condition, you can choose any one of them or two if you are willing to splurge a little.
1. The D.I.Y Mask
This is the most common and ancient type of foot masking technique we all are familiar with.Rummaging through the kitchen and finding the superfoods that make a tremendous paste-like consistency when crushed.
Then applying on your foot are the most basic type of DIY masks one can make. People use ingredients like honey, baking soda, vinegar, banana, tomato, and even potato juice to improve the appearance of the feet.
2. The 15 min or Overnight Sheet Masks
Thanks to the Tic Tok influencers, we now know what a miracle product foot sheet masks can be. Suppose you don’t know what a foot sheet mask is, it’s a sheet-like paper that is essentially a bag with serum in it.
You wear it on your foot for 15-20 minutes or sleep with it overnight. Rinse afterward, revealing nice, supple, and well-hydrated skin. The sheet mask is infused with unique ingredients like Green Tea, Peony, Peach extract, Essential Oils, et cetera.
There are plenty of brands that have foot masks. Various ingredients are available for a very affordable price, so you use them every couple of days.
3. Chemical Peel
The words ‘chemical peel’ can sound intimidating, but it is the best solution to most of the foot problems people suffer. A chemical peel is made with cocktails of powerful but essential acids like Alpha-hydroxy Acid and Beta Hydroxy Acid.
These will gently dissolve the dead layer of cells on your foot and reveal new cells over time. The job of a chemical peel is to increase cell turnover. Any discoloration, scaring, or dullness will be emmit by this peel. Going to a salon professional or dermatologist for a quick few sessions will be effective and safe, and the results will last for a long time.
4. Salon Grade Mask
This is not an official term, but masks that can only be made within a salon’s doors because of their accessibility and bulk availability are what is considered Salon Grade.
If you have ever gotten a pedicure, you know exactly what type of foot mask they always use. The consistency is very pasty, almost mud-like. They use sandalwood and kaolin clay or turmeric to make those masks and add rose water into the mix.
They will also add undisclosed products that are salon secrets to make the make more effective.
How to Use Each Mask for Most Common Problems?
- Fungal Nail Infection: If you have a fungal nail infection, you should see a podiatrist. But to prevent it, you can dip your foot in warm water and baking soda once a week for 10-15 minutes.
- Callus: Foot callus can be avoided by wearing clean scandals. But for masks, using exfoliants like AHA and BHA routinely will keep the area from Harding it.
- Cracked Heels: Cracked heels are a universal problem, especially among the adult crowd. Incorporating pumice stone into your shower routine will make a world of difference. Using Foot Sheet/Peeling Socks might help if it’s not improving the condition.
- Dehydrated Foot: Using moisturizing ingredients like honey or aloe vera can bring back hydration to the feet. You can go to a salon for treatment to last your results longer.
- Dull/ Black Spot: Regular chemical exfoliators and salon visits will improve the appearance of the feet. But for a more affordable solution using Vinegar or Lactic Acid Serum will bring visible results.
- Sunburn: Aloe Vera gel and any soothing properties will help burn relief. Slugging Vaseline overnight can also be beneficial after the initial healing. Using potato juice will restore the natural color of the foot.
- Eczema: For a mild case of eczema. Using a nourishing sheet mask or chemical peel will aid in the elimination of the problem. The counter cream will also help if you want rapid results.
The Benefits of Using Foot Mask Frequently
Let’s look at some advantages of using foot mask frequently-
Benefit #1 It will remove impurities and increase blood circulation.
Benefit #2 Foul odors will be eliminated and give your foot a healthy appearance.
Benefit #3 Regular exfoliation will smoothen the skin of the foot, leaving it moisturized and supple.
Benefit #4 Dryness and sore feet will be comforting and will give you a boost of energy.
Benefit #5 The foot mask will heal cracked feet and make walking less painful.
Benefit #6 Adding a foot masking routine to your pampering regime will make your feet look more in good shape and give your feet a little TLC for keeping you straight all these years.
Note: Need to know more regarding what is foot mask? You can read our other articles in this website.
Why Mask and Not Cream/Lotion?
Masks are for longevity. A Foot Lotion / Creme will be absorbed fast or oxidized with the air. It will work, but the time it needs to work its magic will be cut short.
Foot masks that are overnight will bring more hydration and cell turnover than any topical lotion.
A foot mask is a low-commitment at-home Foot Remedy. You can even use a thick coat of foot cream and keep it overnight, and that would also be considered a Foot Mask.
We hope you found this What is Foot Mask article enjoyable and had the information to kick start your foot care journey!